Hester Zetfast is a journalist, columnist, and enthusiastic Twitter user. In addition to striking opinion articles and beautiful interviews, she delights her followers with cute tweets about her children: a baby boy, ZijvanAcht and two teenagers.
1. They are incredibly curious.
The teenager comes downstairs. Put the phone in the refrigerator. close the door. opening the door. He takes the phone out again.
“What are you doing?”
– hesterzitvast September 5, 2018
2. Before they become teenagers, you have to take a lot.
A short report, putting it all in perspective, by my brother who greeted ZijvanZeven (totally fascinated by amateur horses at the moment) for a day. for completion; My brother has twins who are seven years old. pic.twitter.com/sI2IaqRPkN
– hesterzitvast December 20 2021
3. Sometimes enthusiasm is hard to find…
“It’s a thing, isn’t it; you might get a little sister under the Christmas tree,” I just said, stiffening with hormones.
ZijvanZeven: “Yes, very cute. But I also want a new stylus for the iPad.”
– hesterzitvast December 18 2021
Mail from the teacher. ZijvanZeven expressed in writing her dissatisfaction with the situation in our home. pic.twitter.com/iZeAxC9t1b
– hesterzitvast January 13, 2022
5. But if they’re excited that’s the best thing ever.
ZijvanZeven never ordered anything online and also wanted to receive a parcel. She picked a plastic horse with a show jacket out of her pocket and the hysteria returned again. pic.twitter.com/TxpIvRXsi0
– hesterzitvast December 24, 2021
6. And if you think that everything becomes easier with age …
The teen just finished an essential part of her driving lesson: getting French fries through McDrive.
– hesterzitvast November 20 2021
Tonight I got another special look into the teenage brain.
Me: “Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow it will be a year ago that Grandma had a brain haemorrhage.”
Teen: “Shall we celebrate with a cheese shake?”
– hesterzitvast November 8, 2021
The teen is afraid to be seen as a teenage mother, but today she’s wandering behind the stroller with her sister in uh.
Older Woman: “OOOH, that’s still young!”
The panicked teenager points out, “Not my baby! Her!!!”
– hesterzitvast January 27 2022
9. With this child came a lot of decisions …
“We’re doing everything differently with this kid.”
Uh. The expensive sleep aid is still not asleep after a month. Frenkie, just like ZijvanAcht at the time, is in bed with us or (preferably) on us.
We really rock that consistent parenting like crazy. pic.twitter.com/7UQMjKtQG7
– hesterzitvast January 22 2022
10. There is still a lot to learn, too.
I will never learn this. And after that, the almost complete global shutdown of communications will not help either.
Fortunately, there is another kid on the way with whom I can hone this skill for an additional eight years. I hope to have it on my hands sometime before I retire. pic.twitter.com/vli7WZoc0j
– hesterzitvast October 5, 2021
11. There is also a lot to learn with these children.
The teenager again raises an important question in his life.
“Soup; do you poop or pee?”
– hesterzitvast March 4, 2022
12. Hester is always there for them.
The teenager is calling.
“There are no more buses, do you think I would be stabbed if I got into an Uber?”
“I’ll come take you. Where are you?”
Woerden, Laan van Rapijnen.
“Also no. Floor, where are you?”
“IN A BUS CABIN!!!”
– hesterzitvast January 20 2022
13. They do not have everything from a stranger.
The teen comes home from driving lessons.
“I yelled first at someone in a traffic jam.”
Her uncle, my brother, skips that story: “Once I spat on someone in the car. With the window closed.”
– hesterzitvast October 30 2021
14. You see, feed him with the spoon.
ZijvanAcht looks ahead: “And then I’ll tell Frenkie (now 3 months) where the candy box is here at home. And if we don’t want to go to school, we’ll skip school together.”
– hesterzitvast 25 March 2022
ZijvanZes just calls me bitch. Before I can respond, the teen does.
“You don’t call my mom a bitch?!?”
“That’s what Olly calls it too!”
“Ole is a fucking dog!”
divine. All that proper upbringing is nothing.
– hesterzitvast September 12, 2020
Concepts want to mingle again here at home with a 6-year-old, one 16 and one 19.
ZijvanZes also wanted to smoke weed once.
It turns out that he goes to play bowling.
– hesterzitvast September 12, 2020
17. Add dogs.
ha ha ha. There is a puppy in the little boy. pic.twitter.com/bBS3lBFiWy
– hesterzitvast July 3, 2020
18. Go out with us all.
We go out to dinner with the whole family and in the back seat are the two teenagers and the little boy with a fragrant mist.
Next time I will order five taxis.
– hesterzitvast August 21, 2020
The little boy was sitting on the sofa this morning with messy hair, a sunny body and a morning face that looked incredibly beautiful. So I:
“I think you’re very beautiful, do you know that?”
“Yes. You and dad just had a very beautiful baby.”
Hold on to the girl, that’s self-love.
– hesterzitvast August 12, 2020
20. And while it’s “not really cool” for the kids to admit, there is so much love in this family!
ZijvanSix made a promise this morning.
“When I get older, I’m 16 or 17 or something, when I’m awake I’ll still come to you and Dad first to say I love you.”
Jesus my heart… 😭❤️
– hesterzitvast September 9, 2020